Saturday, May 16, 2009

What a great day.

Saturday. The day that most people sleep in, enjoy a cup of coffee and breakfast in their jammies. A day to recovery and relax. Not in my house. We were up at 6 am this morning and on the road by 6:30. 2 hours and 5 minutes of a bike ride. It was a beautiful morning. The sun was out, it was a little chilly, but once we got going, we warmed up.

Trevor and I rode down by the river on a road with a really wide shoulder. I like this ride for many reasons. Mostly because we can ride side by side and talk. I like that - it makes the time go faster and it makes riding together worth it. We went about 30 miles. Not bad. On August 16th, we'll just swim for an hour before, then ride that two times, then run 13.1 miles. Wow. That puts it in perspective!

We got home, without incident, and then I ran for 20 minutes. Trevor jumped in the shower and headed to karate for 2 hours. During my run, I was thinking about the swim portion of the triathlon and honestly, I started to feel a little scared.

I took swim lessons last year in June, so I am very new to this swimming situation. Sure, before my lessons I could survive in the water if I had to, but I could not swim laps in the pool. I can get in the pool now and swim for an hour - which is over 1.2 miles, but there is something about an hour in open water that makes me real nervous. I feel pretty sure I can ride and run - its just a matter of moving forward. But the swim. Ugh, the swim.

I need to spend some serious time visualizing that swim. I've got a few months to train my brain on that one. I'll need every minute of it!

Now I am working the store, waiting for Trevor to show up with my lunch. I am STARVING. The sun is shining, I think everyone is out enjoying it. Except me. I enjoyed it at 6:30 this morning!

No comments: