Monday, May 4, 2009

The importance of being flexible

This morning, I got up at my normal 4:30 and headed to the gym for my hour long Monday morning swim. I got there and put all my stuff in my locker, hung up my towel and went to the shower to rinse off before I got in the pool. I got out and went to put on my swim cap and it tore into two pieces. Luckily, there aren't too many other women in the locker room at that time because I said a curse word that echoed through the tiled rooms.

I stood there, trying to figure out what the best plan was. I decided that I'd give it a shot, sans cap. After about 30 seconds in the water, I knew that wasn't going to work. My hair was in my face (even though I had it in a ponytail), my ears were plugged with water (that cap does a great job of keeping those dry) and I just couldn't focus.

I said to myself "be flexible. adjust". I got out of the pool and headed for home. Once there I did an hour long weight and ab workout. I finished up with enough time to take Wookie and Opal for their morning walk.

Today at lunchtime, I braved the pouring rain to go get a new swim cap.

Tomorrow morning, I'll get up at 4:10 to head to the gym, swim for an hour, and then come home and run for 40 minutes. Woohoo. Trevor said he was going to go swim with me. If he actually does that, it will be yet another example of how the aliens have overtaken him. The man I married would never get up that early to workout. I hope he does, it will be one more step towards utter and complete craziness.

See you in the morning.

No comments: