Sunday, May 10, 2009

6 down, 14 to go

I cannot believe this training has been going on for six weeks. Time is flying by.
This week has been tough. Wow. I'm tired and right now, my throat is scratchy. I KNOW I am not getting sick, maybe allergies....or just tired. I'm sure I'll feel good after a long nights sleep tonight!

Here is what the last 6 days have entailed:
(a total of)
2 hrs of swimming
3 hrs and 20 min of cycling
3 hrs and 25 min of running
2 hrs of weights/ab workouts
for a grand total of 10 hours and 45 minutes.

INSANE. My body is asking me what the hell I am thinking. I am thinking this is the way I get ready for a 70.3 Ironman.

We had a really nice long ride yesterday - just about 2 hours. It was sunny and about 70 degrees. We took a nice ride north through the rolling hills of Ridgefield. There wasn't too much traffic. About two miles from home, we turned up a steep hill, Trevor forget how the gears on his bike work, his chain dropped and he fell over. Shockingly - he does not have a single scratch on his body. Amazing. I guess it was bound to happen eventually!

This morning was an 8 mile run - I felt good, but I am pretty tired right now. No rest for the weary, tomorrow is a swim and bike ride. The start of week 7...

No comments: