Sunday, May 24, 2009

And on the 8th week, she rested. (aka 8 down, 12 to go)

This is the 8th week of triathlon training and it was a "recovery" week. I needed it and I feel the love that this recovery week provided. My body is much less sore and tired. I got an awesome 90 minute massage yesterday and got all the tightness worked out. I am ready for next week. I have three tough weeks, then another recovery week.

Our first event is on June 21st. It is a sprint distance - 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3.1 mile run. The swim is in the Columbia River, which is a bit scary to me. We will be purchasing wetsuits next weekend and then starting to do at least on open water swim in the lake by our house (more like a pond, than a lake). My hope is that will cut down on the anxiety I feel getting into the open water. It is crazy to think that June 21st isn't that far away.

Here is what the last week has been like:
1 hr and 45 min of swimming
2 hrs and 40 min of cycling
2 hrs and 15 min of running
2 hrs of weights/ab workouts
for a grand total of 8 hours and 40 minutes.

See...clearly a recovery week. Here's to one more week down, one less week to go!!!

No comments: