Friday, May 7, 2010

Two weeks down, 16 to go...

This was one of the those "I don't want to do it" weeks. Every day, that is how I felt. Yet, every day, I got up and did it anyway. That is what training is about - doing it when you don't want to do it. Remembering WHY you are doing it. The WHY is 140.6 miles on August 29th. If I don't train now, I will be so so sorry then.

Here's how it went down:
Sunday: 9 mile run with Vancouver Fit, 45 mile bike ride (3 hours), followed by a 10 minute transition run off the bike - talk about "I don't want to do it". The last half hour on the bike I really had to talk myself into that short little 10 min run. I was glad I did.
Monday: 60 min spin class, 60 minute upper body weights/abs
Tuesday: 40 minute run
Wednesday: 60 minutes lower body weights/abs followed by 60 minute spin class
Thursday: 60 min upper body weights/abs followed by 40 min run
Friday: 65 minute swim (2500 meters).
Saturday will be a rest day - Thank the Lord!

Total for the week:
Swim: 65 min
Bike: 5 hours
Run: 3 hours
Weights: 3 hours
Total: 12 hours and 5 minutes

My diet was good this week. I don't think I drank enough water and felt a bit dehydrated all week long. I think adding in the creatine to my routine has dried me up a bit. I am going to be better this week at hydrating. The weather is heating up too, so I really need to be careful.

Our schedules were a bit mixed up this week, so I didn't have time to prepare our food for Thursday and Friday, like I usually do. Instead, I stopped at Whole Foods and picked up some pre-made proteins - turkey from the deli, blackened chicken salad and some halibut. I added that to the whole grain bread and rolls I had at home. Today, I got a breakfast burrito after my swim and had part for breakfast and the other part for lunch (in a few hours).

I have officially switched from my winter coffee drink (the 20 oz soy latte) to my summer drink (24 oz ICED americano with a touch of soy milk). That will save me some calories (like 150 of them). I really love the taste of my summer drink. Its kind of sad, but during my workouts, I lust after my coffee and can't wait to get cleaned up and have some!!!

I have been working hard on relaxing this week. I have a quote taped to my day planner that says "All you have to do is relax." That has helped me during my workouts and during the rest of my day. My runs this week have been great and my swim this morning was really good too - mostly because I was relaxed. This isn't something I HAVE to do, its something I have chosen to do - so why not relax and enjoy it!! I hope you can do the same....

No comments: