Saturday, May 22, 2010

4 down, 14 to go

This has been a roller coaster of a week. It is being classified as a recovery week, but it started with a marathon! Sunday was the Capitol City Marathon and it was GREAT! Trevor and I really felt strong. We got home Sunday night and one of our cats,Gus, was sick. We spent most of the week dealing with that. It has been emotionally draining and I am just so tired. We did our best to make it through the week. I came down with a touch of a cold too, must have been the stress. I threw some Wellness Booster and Vitamin A at it and seemed to hold it at bay for most of the week.

Here is how the week went.
Sunday: (5 hour run) 26.2 mile run - Capitol City Marathon
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 60 minute spin class
Thursday: 40 minute run
Friday: Rest. I was going to lift but felt a rest day would be more beneficial.
Saturday: 60 minute spin class. I was going to swim, but didn't have it in me, so I chose not to.

Total for the week:
Swim: 0 hours
Bike: 2 hours
Run: 5 hours and 40 minutes
Weights: 0 hour
Total: 7 hours and 40 minutes

We have been doing a little bit of emotional eating due to our stress level - not going to lie about that! Next week, the workouts will really ramp up again. We have another marathon in two weeks, so we have about a week and a half to hit it hard before we taper a bit for that.

Next week we will hit the open water and that is where the real training begins...can't wait...that means summer is just about here!!

No comments: