Friday, April 24, 2009

Vacation, all I've ever wanted....

Ahhh, vacation. I love to go away, I just wish I could bring all five of my pets, my house and all my own things with me. Is that too much to ask?

Trevor and I spent the last week on a cruise to the Bahamas. We actually won this cruise in a drawing at the Olivia Medici Memorial Run last year around this time. We finally got around to taking the trip and it was great.

I'll break it up over a few posts, so you don't lose interest. Plus, it makes it easier for me to look back at it day by day.

I was anxious about this trip because I have an issue with motion sickness. A BIG issue. The worst day of my life was spent deep sea fishing off the coast of New Jersey. I get sick in the car, on planes, on amusement park rides, sometimes even just swimming laps. So this trip could have gone either way.

Everyone kept saying that I wouldn't have a problem - "on a ship that big, you don't even know you are on a ship". Its not that I didn't believe them, but I knew I needed to take matters into my own hands. I got some medicine from my dr and figured I would take it before we even got on the boat, just to be sure that I was okay. Then I did a lot of meditation and visualization about the trip to convince myself that I would not get sick.

I like to take a trip at least once a year with Trevor. When we spend an entire week together, alone, it gives us the chance to see if we still like each other! I am happy to report that we do, in fact, still like each other. Here's to another year!!

No comments: