Saturday, April 11, 2009

Two down, 18 to go

Week two of triathlon training ended today. This has been a good week - I have been tired, not as tired as last week, but still more tired than usual.
Here is what the last 6 days have entailed:
(a total of)
2 hrs of swimming
2 hrs and 10 min of cycling
2 hrs and 30 min of running
2 hrs of weights/ab workouts
for a grand total of 8 hours and 40 minutes.

The weather has been a little better this week - so my bike rides were all outside. Monday was the inaugural outdoors ride of my little red corvette (my new bike). For the last month, she has been stuck on the trainer in the garage - every time we thought we'd go outside, it would rain.

I love my bike and what a difference it makes! My mountain bike, with its thick tires, is a tougher ride. That bike served me well last season and this new bike will serve me well this season.

I went to see the chiropractor on Friday and he really worked on my legs. When he was adjusting me he commented on how tight my back muscles are. Between the stress of life in general and my increased training, my back is in a constant state of contraction!

My body is starting to understand that when we get home from work, we don't lay on the couch - we workout. So this week was a little easier than last week. I am really looking forward to the week when I am not exhausted. That has to come sometime in the next 18 weeks....right? I really hope that I don't spend the next 18 weeks being exhausted. That won't be much fun.

Maybe I'm not eating enough? I am pretty sure I am getting enough sleep...I mean - I don't think I could EVER get ENOUGH sleep - but as far as what my body needs, I'm getting it. I'll focus some more this week on eating more. Doesn't that sound fun - too bad it can't be all cookies and candy.

Another week down, one more week closer....its all pretty exciting to me. Hope it somehow is to you too.

No comments: