Saturday, April 25, 2009

4 down, 16 to go

Whew, I am just about caught up with all my posts. This week was a challenging week because it was spent on a boat and on vacation. Not the optimum conditions for training. According to the schedule, this was a "recovery" week. I did pretty good - got in all my workouts except the swims. The day we were at Atlantis, I thought I'd swim, but the water was too rough. Just about the time we were getting ready to leave, we saw an enormous, beautiful lap pool. It was too late for me to use it and I was bummed about that. I guess one week of not swimming won't matter much in the long run.

Today was my long bike ride - 60 minutes, follwed by a 10 minute run. It felt so great to be out on the open road instead of on a stationary bike on a moving ship!

Here is what the last 6 days have entailed:
(a total of)
0 hrs of swimming
2 hrs and 5 min of cycling
2 hrs of running
2 hrs of weights/ab workouts
for a grand total of 6 hours and 5 minutes.

I ate way too much on our cruise - in addition to eating a bunch of food that I don't normally eat. My body is really ready to get back to normal. I look forward to week 5 - working out hard and eating right. Doesn't that sound fun?

No comments: