Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Trevor

Today is my husband's 37th Birthday. It is a special day to me because it was the day that my best friend was born. The man who would become my husband began his life on earth 37 years ago today. It took him 25 years to find me. I plan to spend every birthday with him for the rest of our lives.

There are a million things I love about my husband. At least once a day I think about how lucky I am to have him in my life. I have no bigger fan, no stronger supporter, no one more honest with me than him.

We have so much in common, yet are so different in many ways. We fill gaps. That's a line from a Rocky movie - Paulie asked Rocky why he liked Adrienne and he said "we fill gaps. I have gaps, she has gaps - together, we fill gaps". That is how I feel about me and Trevor. He is good at the things I am not and vice versa. We work well together, we play well together.

I can look at Trevor and know what he's thinking, know what he's feeling. He told me once that I should know he loves me because he wants to spend all his time with me. And its true. No matter what it is, I want to do with Trevor by my side.

Trevor is a very kind person. He is even-tempered, calm under pressure, a problem solver, a dreamer, a believer. And he loves the animals. Man, does he love the animals. He has the biggest heart and would help anyone who needed it. Unless you have crossed him and then you might as well be dead.

These are the things I love about my Trevor. Happy Birthday my love. Happy Birthday to you.

No comments: