Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Run and some other stuff...

I love to run on Christmas morning. I've done it the last few years and it is a great way to start the day. This year, I did a7.5 mile loop. We need to be at my inlaws early, so we had to head out on the run pretty early. It was still dark when we started and it was so fun to see houses all lit up for the holidays. You could see lights on in some houses, probably with kids wanting to open presents! Lights were off in others, getting some much needed sleep!

I ran my usual loop and did lots of thinking about how good we have it. Seems like I know alot of people who have lost family and close friends this year and I thought about them and how their celebrations will be different this year.

I didn't dress warm enough and I was really cold. Another issue that I need to resolve is my running pant situation. I've lost a few pounds in the last year and I do not have any pants that fit...they all fall down when I run and I am constantly pulling them up. Its really annoying. Plus, my stomach was exposed because of that and it was REALLY cold!!

I got home and jumped in a HOT shower, got out and did our gift exchange. We keep it simple these days and I got THE BEST gift....

I love, love, love this hoodie! Trevor hit the jackpot on this. I got him an awesome pair of jeans and a shirt. He has no clothes that fit him and is always wearing something that is like 3 sizes too big. He looks amazing in clothes that fit. That was like a gift to myself too!

We headed to the inlaws, where my mother in law showed me that she really does love me. I have been craving homemade press cookies. I remember these as a kid and they make me really homesick. All my friends on the east coast were making them and posting pictures on facebook and it made me sad. I commented on it on facebook and my mother in law saw that. When we arrived at her house, this is what I saw...

actually, what I saw was a full plate of cookies. I finished them all by the end of the day and am crapping green three days later. (too much info? sorry)

We came home and hit the couch, where we were all asleep by about 7. The dogs got to go with us and play with my in laws dog. They were exhausted for their day of fun!!

Sunday morning, we had a run planned at the store. Every Sunday we have a group of friends that meets and runs together. There are about 10 of us. I thought it would nice to have some cider and treats after the run on Sunday. I posted it on facebook and next thing I knew, it was posted on like 5 other facebook sites. We had people coming into the store to sign up for it!

Sunday morning, we had 40 people show up to run with us, at least half of them were people we didn't even know! It was great. We did a raffle and had cider and treats. The weather was awful, but no one seemed to mind too much.

That afternoon we went to a movie, then home to fall asleep on the couch by about 4 pm. We were all piled on top of Trevor...me and two of the dogs...

Trevor took the picture while he was pretending to be asleep...the rest of us were REALLY asleep.

It was the perfect end to a great weekend.


Kris said...

I so wish I could have been there to run with the gang! Who took the picture? Maggie?

Tracy said...

We wish you were there too!! I was just looking at the picture and need to change it to say that Trevor took the picture while he was pretending to be asleep!!