Friday, November 19, 2010

It takes work.

"If you trust in yourself...and believe in your dreams ...and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spend their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy."

I came across this quote last night and it really resonated with me. It seems that so many people have forgotten that good things come to those who work for them. I grew up being told "there are no free rides", "if you want something, go get it", "don't wait for someone to take care of you, take care of yourself" and perhaps the most important lesson "learn to be okay by yourself".

I worked hard for all the good things, all the worthwhile things in my life. I was patient, did the jobs/the work that others didn't or wouldn't do. I got up early, stayed late, gave up time doing things I really wanted to do. I did this all in the name of progress.

I didn't sit around and wonder why others had things I didn't have. It hasn't always been easy. In fact, a lot of the time, it really sucked. People say that things always have a way of working out. I believe that is because someone works them out...it doesn't just happen.

I do believe in the power of the Universe. I believe in the power of suggestion - that if you put it out there, it will be. But I also believe that you can't just put it out there, you have to work for it. Putting it out there sets in your mind that it will be and then you act in order to make it so.

I see so many people disappointed at the things they have, wondering why things aren't the way the wish they would be. Lucky isn't enough...you have to make your own breaks, make your own opportunities. It takes work. For all of us. So go ahead - trust yourself and follow your dreams, just be sure that you put in the time and effort on the way.

No comments: