Saturday, July 17, 2010

10 years.

July 16, 2000 - Trevor and I had our first date. I worked with Trevor's dad and he had been trying to set us up for about six months. He finally succeeded. Trevor and I double dated with his parents on our first date. We went to a car show - this is how we looked. His mom looked great! When I look at this picture, I can hardly believe it is us. We have changed SO much since then. It is kind of funny to me because I think about how I looked my best that day. I was wearing my favorite summer outfit. I had no idea that this day would change my life forever....


Fast forward 10 years and here we are...



Things have been hectic for us, so we didn't go out to celebrate on our actual anniversary (which is what we usually do), instead, we went out a few days before and had a nice dinner. We had a gift card to Jake's and so that is where we went. We did a bit of a recap, like we always do. It is so hard to believe another year has passed.

On our actual anniversary, we went for a 10 mile run - one mile for every year we've been together. I tried to think of each year as the miles passed. The first few were hard to remember, but once I got close to the five year mark, it got easier to remember!

We got engaged on our five year anniversary. Our run was an out and back, so at the five mile point, I turned around and thought about our engagement and then the years that have followed.

I am so blessed to have Trevor as my partner in life. People make fun of us because we do everything together. This works for us, Trevor is my best friend and there is no one I would rather be with. So, when its time to go do something, I want to do it with him. I cannot imagineliving my life with anyone else.

When I look at that picture of us, all those years ago, I wonder if we had any idea that who we are now existed inside us. It makes me laugh because Trevor's dad set us up but always says he didn't think we would even last until Thanksgiving of that first year. The idea that we've made it 10 years completely boggles his mind. Gee...Thanks!

We have come so far in 10 years, I can't wait to see where we are in another 10 years. I don't know where we'll be or what we'll be doing, but I know we'll be there, doing it together.

I love you Trevor, thanks for another great year...

No comments: