Saturday, July 3, 2010

10 down, 8 to go

This was a strange week, we did very little working out between Sunday and Saturday. But I felt like we were really working out hard. I was tired and really struggling to get out and get the workouts done. Friday morning, I did not want to go for a run, much less a 65 minute run in the RAIN! Then I remembered something I read last year "there are only two times to train - when you want to and when you don't". It must be done, so I did it. Next week will be back to normal, higher volume. We will have few weeks of building before another recovery week. July will be our most challenging training month of the entire program. Things will slow down a bit in August as we approach the big day....

Here's how the week went...S
Sunday: Drive home from Pac Crest, relaxation and recovery.
Monday: continued recovery
Tuesday: 55 minute run - felt good to get moving again
Wednesday: 60 min spin - felt hard
Thursday: rest
Friday: 30 minute warm up and ab workout, 65 minute run
Saturday: 1 hour open water swim - my longest open water swim ever!

Total for the week:
Swim: 1 hour
Bike: 1 hour
Run: 2 hours
Weights: 30 min
Total: 4 hours and 30 minutes

The heat last weekend REALLY took it out of me. I was just exhausted and it showed. I ate way too much crap this week and I expect that had something to do with it. I was feel stress about Ironman and so I ate a few too many pretzel M&Ms and other such things. On to another week.....

No comments: