Monday, February 1, 2010

Fri, Sat, Sun

I am going to finish out this daily listing, then next week I'll switch to a week in review - mostly because its too much to get on and blog every day and probably too much for you to read!!

Here is a recap of the weekend and our diet experiment:

Friday:
Preworkout shake: protein/workout optimzer
Rode bike for 55 mins on the trainer while I watched Oprah's show about the movie "Food Inc"
Breakfast: Smoothie - soy milk, protein powder, greens, berries
snack: soy latte
Lunch: ground beef, salsa, cheese
Snack: trail mix - I ate my weight of this...too much and I felt sick. But it was GOOD - pecans, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dried apricots and dates
Dinner: Kale, beets, goat cheese and chicken. yum.

Saturday:
Rest day from working out. We spent the day driving too and from the Grand Opening of the Max Muscle in Bellvue. Long day on the road.
Breakfast: Soy smoothie
Snack: soy latter, hard boiled egg, cantaloupe
Lunch: Red Robin Cobb Salad
Snack: more of the trail mix from yesterday, but not too much/veggies, cheese
Dinner: Grilled Chicken and coleslaw from KFC
Snack: small soy smoothie

Sunday:
Long run day....15 miles....
I was apprehensive about this, to change all that we changed....it turned out okay. My quads have been really sore this week and I felt them on every step. But I made it the entire way.
Prerun: Protein/fullblown extreme/some carbs (about half what I usually use)
During the run: 1 hammer gel at the 2 hour mark. I would usually take 2 during a run this long.
After: protein powder/blueberries, followed by a soy latte
Breakfast: Eggs and strawberries
Snack: trail mix (I need to find an alternative to this!)
Lunch: spinach salad with walnuts, goat cheese and chicken.
Dinner: Salad with steak, salsa, cheese, avacado and sour cream.
Snack: soy smoothie

Whew. made it through a week. I am hungry alot, so I have been eating every two hours. I remember hearing that it will take about two or three weeks for my body to adjust. I am anxious to see if that is true....stay tuned...

No comments: