Saturday, February 13, 2010

In love with lululemon...

Last week I bought some new clothes. I haven't done that in a while and have been wearing the same pair of pants just about everyday. I decided it was time for an intervention. I used to wear nice dress clothes to work everyday. Now, I wear more "comfy" clothes. Since I spent so much time running around, it just makes sense. Plus, we own a sports nutrition store and workout two times a day, so people kind of expect to see us in active gear.

I decided I was going to splurge on one item and I went to lululemon. I wanted to good hoodie to run around in. I used to shop at this store, back when money was growing on trees. When we were a two income, no kids household with a lot of disposable income - this is where I spent it. I had lots of great yoga pants and tops, hoodies, sweatshirts. Times were good.

I went into the store and immediately felt good - I love these clothes and if I had a million dollars I would buy them all up. Instead, I settled on one great hoodie -

I wear it everywhere and I LOVE the way I feel when I wear it. $88 is a ridiculous amount to spend on a sweatshirt, I get that. Believe me. But it made me feel like I HAD $88 to spend on a sweatshirt and everytime I wear it, I feel the same way. People comment on how great it is, how much they like it - complete strangers. And it has the little lululemon emblem on it and so people who know lululemon, think I am doing pretty good because I can afford lululemon.

Someday, my entire wardrobe will be lululemon. My closet will look like a store. I think I'll dream of this tonight. I know there are more important things in the world, but when I put this hoodie on...I forget about all of them...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I LOVE lulu. In fact, when I am tiny, I am going to outfit myself in lulu. I have a few things that I bought for summer, just waiting for me. I bought a similar hoodie at GAP this past winter with the thumbholes and I'm wearing it now. I love it every time I put it on. Don't you just love that feeling :) Hee.