Sunday, June 7, 2009

Half way there (aka 10 down, 10 to go)

I cannot believe that I am half way through my training for this triathlon. The idea that I just have to do what I've just done (Only a few more hours a week!) is impossible for my brain to comprehend.

This has been a long week. I started off not feeling too great, but got all my workouts in anyways. Today during my long run, I had a bit of pain in my IT band - I'll visit the chiropractor this week to have that checked out. I also have a root canal in my future. I've been having some pain in my mouth and kept thinking it would go away - which is never a good way to deal with things. I finally went to the dentist on Friday and he is referring me to a person who does root canals. Since everyone was closed Friday afternoon he told me to call first thing tomorrow morning. He wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic and vicodine, which kind of scared me. anyway....

Here is what the last week has been like:
2 hrs of swimming
4 hrs and 25 min of cycling
4 hrs and 5 min of running
2 hrs of weights/ab workouts
for a grand total of 12 hours and 30 minutes.

Saturday was a really great 2 hour and 35 min bike ride, followed by a 20 min run. I felt so great during this workout. Probably the best I've felt this entire time. Wednesday night, I had a 60 min bike ride followed by a 15 min run and I felt like complete crap. It was hot and I had french fries for lunch....that makes for a tough workout. But I did it anyway. That's what its all about.

This upcoming week is the heaviest week yet. We have a half marathon on Saturday and so our long bike ride will be Friday. The week after is a recovery week. Hopefully the root canal will go off without a hitch and I can minimize any downtime.

No comments: