Sunday, June 14, 2009

11 down, 9 to go

Whew. What a long week. We had an event on Saturday - a 1/2 marathon - so that kind of screwed up my schedule. I usually have a rest day on Friday - this week, I worked right on through to Sunday. Today is my first rest day since last Friday. This was also my hardest week yet - next week will be recovery week, so I do have a bit of a break.

Here is what the last week has been like:
2 hrs of swimming
4 hrs and 55 min of cycling
4 hrs of running
2 hrs of weights/ab workouts
for a grand total of 12 hours and 55 minutes.

Oh...and did I mention that I had a root canal on Tuesday? That added a whole new dimension to my training. On Wednesday morning I swam, then after work, I did a spin class and ran - I thought to myself - "this is how I know I'm crazy". Yet another reason!

I did get a massage yesterday after our half marathon - that made life better!! Overall, I think it was a good week. Our long bike ride on Friday was 3 hours and it was long - I was really hungry. I need to fuel more on the bike.

Next week is our first actual triathlon event of the season - kind of the kick off. It is Sunday night and its the Summer Solstice - 1/2 mile swim in the river, 12 mile bike ride, 3.1 mile run. I'm looking forward to that.

Its hard to believe it is only 9 weeks to go. Whew.

No comments: