Monday, June 22, 2009

12 down, 8 to go

This was a recovery week. Its crazy how much more exhausted I feel when I workout less. Its like my body know it has a reprive and so it lets down its guard. After last weeks half marathon, my body was pretty tired. My toe nails are bruised. My leg was really tight and needed some attention from Dr. Jake. I got through this week totally stressed about the first triathlon of the season coming on Sunday. We planned to do an open water swim before the event, but Trevor had a wart removed from his foot and couldn't get in the water, so I used that as an excuse to not do the open water swim.

I think my training is coming along well. A friend from work commented on how there was really just one week early on that I looked like I wanted to die and since then I've been pretty normal. That is accurate. A few weeks back I was having alot of tension in my shoulders and there were days that I would just lay my head on my desk at work. I haven't had to do that lately!

Here is what the last week has been like:
2 hrs of swimming
3 hrs and 40 min of cycling
3 hrs and 30 mins of running
2 hrs of weights/ab workouts
for a grand total of 11 hours and 10 minutes.

Its funny to me that 11 hours and 10 minutes of training is a "recovery week". Bring it on, I guess. One week closer.

No comments: