Saturday, July 2, 2011

For the love of Maggie

Michael Vick. I fucking hate Micheal Vick. I hate the Philadelphia Eagles for signing Michael Vick. I hate all the football fans who wear a Micheal Vick Jersey, go see him play, cheer him on, wait for his autograph. I hate BET for giving Michael Vick the "Sportsman of the Year award". I hate Subway for sponsoring that award. I really hate Nike for signing Michael Vick to a contract worth millions. I hate all the people who say "he made a mistake, he did his time, everyone deserves second chances". Michael Vick deserves to die an awful, horrible, painful, scary, slow, lonely death.

I have never been able to read the full details of the exact things he did to those dogs, because once I have that in my mind, I will never get it out. Once I am able to imagine that happening to any innocent living creature, I know that I will never be able to have any peace. That's how I am with things that horrendous. I have seen pictures that I don't want to see and heard stories that bring tears to my eyes and a sickness to my core.

The dogs that were the victims were pitbulls. We have a pitbull. Her name is Maggie and she is the sweetest dog I have ever met in my entire life.

I love her, I love her with all my heart and soul. To think of these things being done to Maggie makes me want to throw up. It is heartbreaking to know that anyone could put that sort of pain and suffering onto a helpless animal and even worse take pleasure from it.

Serial killers often start as animal abusers. That is the type of person who does these things to animals. There is no changing that type of person. Oh, I know, Michael Vick is sorry for what he did, he deserves a second chance. I saw a piece from an interview with him where they asked him if he could change anything, would he. He said that he would not change anything about his life, except for the prison sentence, he said he would have made that like 5 months instead of 18. Really?

Michael Vick has no reason to be sorry for what he did because there have been few consequences. He spent time in jail, but his life now is right back on track. Wow, must be nice. It makes me sick and the people who don't think there is anything wrong with it make me sick too.

To those people, who think that he deserves a second chance and that what he did wasn't really so bad. I ask you this:

I want you to think about someone that you love the most, someone who is a kind and gentle soul, who would love you no matter what. Then I want you to think of that someone being tortured, raped, starved, beaten and electrocuted. Think about the person who did all these things to the one you love, think about them laughing and enjoying the process. Think of them using it for financial gain and spend minimal time in jail, then becoming rich and famous. Think about people defending him and saying its okay because he did his time. Well, I guess it would be okay with you...everyone makes mistakes, right?

All I can do is love my animals more because of it. And I can choose NOT to spend my money with the companies and people who support him. That would be Subway and Nike, who will be next? It just isn't right and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

No comments: