Friday, July 15, 2011

Poop

There are many reasons why I do not want children of my own. But it really comes down to this....I cannot stand NOT sleeping. I need 8 hours a night, solid, without interruption. I get that sleep too. I can sleep anywhere, anytime, through anything. Anything, except the first months of a new puppy. That's what we've got going on right now. Asha is a puppy and puppies don't sleep through the night for a while.

Not only does she not sleep through the night, but she needs let outside. So I can't just lay in bed and try to ignore the noise...I have to physically get out of bed. I am doing pretty good at being patient with her. But I am tired. And that makes me cranky.

I do not know how parents go years without sleep. Seriously, I'd be in an institution or jail. I just couldn't do it. I don't know how others do it and continue to function in their every day lives. Seriously.

To make matters worse, Asha got a case of the runs yesterday. We left her home in her kennel for a bit of time and when I got home, every inch of Asha and her kennel were COVERED in poop. She was alseep, but I imagine she was pretty upset for most of the day. I woke her up and took her out onto the deck and gave her a bath. She actually liked the bath. She was so clean and soft afterwards. I also power washed her kennel and got things smelling normal again.

Overnight she had some more loose stools....in my closet...on my UGG boots. Poor Asha! She doesn't make enough noise when she wakes up for us to get her outside in time. She does good most of the time, but since she isn't feeling good, its tough. Again, we got it all cleaned up and smelling normal. But alas...no sleep!

This morning we took her to the vet to see what was going on with her. They did some tests and found a bacterial infection. We've got some special food and meds for her to take. She should be better in a few days.

She was SO happy at the vet. It took her about 15 minutes to feel comfortable in the exam room, but then she was just as happy as could be. She liked meeting all the new people and smelling all their smells.

I took her to work with me just to keep an eye on her. She slept just about all day long. We went on a little walk and played a bit. Everytime I saw her sleeping, I thought of waking her up so she'd be exhausted tonight and we could all sleep. But that would be mean and even I am not THAT mean.

Look at her...

I am so envious....

No comments: