Friday, January 28, 2011

Long Run Day

Today, I had 17 miles on the schedule. 17 long, slow miles. I have to say...I was not looking forward to it. Maggie woke me up at 5 am and I took her and Buster downstairs so Trevor could sleep. After I let them outside for a bit, we all fell asleep on the couch. I just didn't want to get up and get going. I had planned to leave at 8. I didn't get out the door until 8:45 and even then, it was all I could do to actually go.

I heard this quote once: "There are only two times to train. When you want to and when you don't". So off I went. I took this picture before I went and thought that I looked really old. I am Miss negative today!!!



I got out on the run and it wasn't so bad. It was just long. 3 hours. I changed up my planned route a few times for different reasons. Most of my route was flat, but my final route adjustment meant that I was climbing a HUGE hill in the last mile. As I was pushing up that last hill, I thought "who's idea was THIS". I got to the top and I remembered another quote "I never said it would be easy, I said it would be worth it". It better be. That's all I know. I sure as hell better be.

No comments: