Friday, March 27, 2009

My mind on my mold and my mold on my mind.

I don’t know what the hell is going on, but there is mold in everything I want to eat. I feel like the mold is chasing me the way the red shoes were as detailed in my February 13th post (titled "the search is over, you were with me all along"), but this time its not on my computer, it is in person.

I had made some really great muffins two weekends ago. I wrapped the ones we didn’t eat right out of the oven, which was about half of them, and put them on the counter to be eaten during the week. I had one every other day or so – then on Sunday, I opened them up and had one. I heated it in the microwave – it was kind of cloudy outside and I didn’t have any lights on. I actually thought for a minute that there was cat hair in it…and in our house, that’s really not a big deal, so I ate the whole thing. It was delicious.

Later in the day, I was getting my food ready for the week and thought I’d take a muffin for a snack, until I opened up the foil (I had turned the lights on now) and to my horror, there was mold on every muffin. Mold…cat hair…all the same, right? Yuck. I thought I would throw up – but Trevor did instead and no, he didn’t eat any of the muffins.

I forgot about this mold incident because I was kind of preoccupied with other things…like a husband with a broken leg, smashed face, stomach flu and a big pay cut at work.

So, here I am today – just about ready for lunch. Honestly, I was not too excited about my lunch today – kind of boring…ground beef, frozen broccoli and whole wheat wrap. I bought the wraps on Sunday and have been using them for gyro type wraps each day at lunch – I think I had one yesterday, but I can’t remember…I think the mold from Sunday has infiltrated my brain. I went to the fridge and got out my disappointing meat and veggies, came back to my desk and opened the bag of wraps to go put one in the toaster. I opened it up and saw this…


I said the word that I say most of the time about most things and I won’t write it here because many more people are reading these days and I don’t want to get a reputation for being R rated. So, we’ll just say Fudge instead.

What the hell do I do now? My pay cut doesn’t go into affect until May, so I guess I can afford to go buy something. Sigh. What a perfect end to a crazy week.

No comments: