Saturday, April 9, 2011

My little man

I was looking through some pictures today and found these two:


The first picture was taken on the ride home from the Shelter. We were taking Buster home and as you can see, he looked very worried. Buster was 3 years old when he came to live with us and he had 4 previous homes in his short life. When I look at this picture now, it makes me want to cry. He had been in a no kill shelter for a while and they allowed all the dogs to play together. I believe they spent most of their day out in the yard portion of the shelter. Buster looked like he had been playing pretty hard! He has cuts and scrapes and seemed a little beat up.

I loved Buster from the moment I saw him. I saw a picture of him online and just knew he would come live with us. I loved his little furry face, his beard! I called him little man from the first time we met him and I still call him that now.

I cannot describe how much I love this dog. There is something about him that cuts right to my heart and sometimes I feel like I love him so much that my heart will explode.

The second picture was taken over the winter. You can see that he is really happy. I cannot imagine taking him back to the shelter. I don't know how people do that.

When we first got him, he was afraid to get in the car, like he thought that we would be taking him back. Now, he runs to the door to get into the garage when we even start to look like we will be leaving! He LOVES the car. He sits in the passenger seat and looks out the front window like he can't wait to see where we are going. I love that he is so happy. He and Maggie are best friends. I think he loves her most and then me and Trevor are second. He really wants to play with Opal, but she isn't having any of that!!

This little Buster is the current love of my life. No matter what else happens, he loves me and sometimes love is all you need. I hope he lives to be 100.

No comments: