Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What about the cats???

You know. not only do we have three dogs, but we also have THREE CATS!!!!

The cats live upstairs, they have their own floor. The dogs stay downstairs except at bedtime. We started this division back when we just had Gus the cat, Opal and Wookie the dogs. Opal was not a cat kind of dog, so it was best to keep them seperate. Everyone seemed to like this set up, so we've kept with us.

Norwyn (aka Tuna), Daisy and Roxie (aka Baby) are our sweet kitties. We workout upstairs and they do that with us, they also spend time with us while we get ready for the day and when we sleep. Their favorite time is when we are in bed. They love to snuggle. Every night we sleep with all three cats on the bed. Tuna lays to my right, Daisy lays in my pillow and Baby lays either between us against Trevor or on his left. Every. Night. Then around 3 am, Asha jumps on the bed and joins in the slumber party. I would not have it any other way.

Daisy is the bridge between the old pets and the new pets. She is the only animal who has known every pet we've ever had. We got her 6 years ago and she is now 15. We figure she'll live to be 20! We hope she'll live to be 20. She is such a dream - never a problem, loves all the other animals.

Tuna is a bully. He found us. He was a stray who decided he wanted to live with us, then he realized we had other cats and he's never fully gotten over that surprise. He torments Baby, we've finally started to keep them seperate so she can have some peace!

Baby is about 3 now, but she'll always be our baby. She was a stray kitten and we decided she should live with us. That was when she was about 6 months old. Just a baby.

We love these cats, I don't post about that often, but that does not mean that I don't love them with all my heart. I really try to give them as much attention as I can. They don't get to sit on the couch with us - the dogs would chomp them, but they know they are loved and well taken care of. Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night, I'll reach out and touch all three of them and they all start to purr. That is music to my ears.

No comments: