Saturday, March 19, 2011

And the training continues

I've been training for the Eugene Marathon since the middle of Jan. I have been following my plan. I've had a few wrenches thrown into the mix. I had a nasty sinus infection early on, I didn't miss any workouts because of it - it just made those workouts completely unenjoyable. Then, I had my stomach issue, which knocked out two good workouts. I missed a 20 miler because of that. The last few weeks I've been dealing with an IT band issue and a lower back/pelvic issue. That caused about 4 missed workouts including two long runs (a 20 miler and a 15 miler). I ran on Thursday with little pain (4.5 miles) and again today with no pain (7 miles). Yay!!

Monday I am going to jump right back into training with speed work, tempo run on Wed and long run (20 miler) on Friday. I was so tempted to just do my 15 miler today but I am working on being smarter these days! I know that the goal isn't to run 15 miles, the goal is to run 26.2 on May 1st - faster than ever before. With that in mind, I am allowing some healing to happen.

Hopefully the healing continues and Monday I will be good as new...or maybe BETTER than new!!!

No comments: