This year is the same. I feel like we have crammed a whole lot of living into this last year. Our family has changed a lot since last year. We lost our dear Wookie and added Maggie and Buster. Gus is really sick and Opal is not doing so hot either. This is a sign of how much time we have all been together. Gus, Opal and Wookie were so young when we first met. I feel like we are all still that same age that we were 10 years ago, but obviously that isn't true.
There are a hundred reasons why I love Trevor. Seriously. Every day I am reminded of those reasons. Here are just a few:
- No one could love my animals the way Trevor does. He understands how I feel about them. He would do anything for them. We are totally on the same page when it comes to that. I love when he calls them by the silly nicknames I have come up with and I love when I overhear him talking to them. I just love the way he loves them.
- He makes me laugh. Every day, no matter how bad things seem, he makes me laugh. When something is really funny, Trevor has the best laugh. I like when I can make him laugh like that.
- He has goals. He is always reaching for something, always thinking of the next thing. He is never satisfied with good enough.
- We do everything together. Some couples would hate that. I wouldn't want it any other way. When I am somewhere, I want him to be there. Sometimes I do things without him, but I always wish I hadn't gone alone and I can't wait to tell him about it.
- He believes I can do anything I set my mind to.
- He likes cake and ice cream too.
Mostly, I love him because he loves me. God only knows why. Honestly, I am a pain in the ass most of the time. The thing I love most is that I feel completely and utterly at home with him. I never feel embarassed or ashamed of anything. He allows me to be myself and doesn't ask me to change. Sure, he shakes his head sometimes in disbelief that I can be so ridiculous, but he still loves me. I never second guess his committment.
We've had some rough times, its not all flowers and candy around here. We don't have a romantic life. We have a real life. A life that can be sustained long term. A life that I would not trade for anything. I love this man. I don't know what he did to deserve me, but it must have been something really bad...Happy Anniversary Jones....we made it another year.