Saturday, January 9, 2010

First post of the New Year...

I can't believe its the 9th and I am finally posting. The past few weeks have been really busy, which is good. The stores are really picking up right now - New Year's resolutions and all. I'm getting back on track with things. Ironman training started on the 4th, this means a regular rotation of swimming, biking, running and strength training.

We have a marathon on April 11th, that is our closest goal event. I am excited for that. Which is a strange thing to say, but true!!

We've been taking some classes and new gyms and meeting lots of new people. Its so interesting how a spin class at one gym can be so different from a spin class at another gym. We've also been taking a great bootcamp class that totally kicks our ass. Its every Thursday night and I am always mixed with excitement and dread!

Of course there is our running group that meets every Sunday morning - they are just nuts.

We've been talking to alot of people about how they eat and I am about ready to beat someone up!! If I hear one more person say something about a soup diet, a no carb diet, a 1200 calorie diet ("I think 1500 is too high for me"), a Special K diet.....it will be bad news for everyone involved. I have come to the conclusion that we are a nation of mal-nourished obese people. Lots of fat people who don't eat nearly enough. Their bodies are starving because they aren't feeding them and when they do feed them it is nutrtionally void crap.

To top things off, Taco Bell is running a campaign now called the "drive thru diet" and showing their low calorie menu items like a single taco. Have you ever had A SINGLE taco from there? Why bother. The thing that makes me sad is that there is an entire group of people out there who should know that Taco Bell is not healthy who now are allowing themselves to be convinced that it IS healthy. Great marketing, thanks alot.

The gyms are super packed and all the regulars are complaining about all the "new" people. Every one of us was a new person at one time. I can only hope that the new people stick around and the gym is always that busy. I'd rather complain about that than about the amount of unhealthy people out there draining our healthcare system.

Happy New Year, looks like it will be more of the same this year!

No comments: