Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 1 and 2

Here is what we ate on Monday and Tuesday....

Breakfast: eggs and toast (we didn't really start until after breakfast!)
Snack: soy latte (Trevor had a non-fat latte), trial mix (nuts and raisins)
Lunch: awesome cobb salad - lettuce, tomatoe, onion, bacon, blue cheese, chicken. no dressing. So. good.
Snack: more trail mix (we were on a plane)
Dinner: salad with steak w/grilled tomatoes and peppers, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa. Again...so. good.

Tuesday was the first real test day - we did strength training in the morning and ran 4.7 miles in the evening. First time without carbs in our pre and post workout shakes.

Breakfast: smoothie with soy milk, protein powder, strawberries (Trevor had milk, bananas, strawberries, flax oil)
Preworkout: protein powder/full blown extreme (workout optimizer with a bit of caffeine and B vitamines)
Post workout: Protein powder
Lunch: turkey burger, coleslaw
Snack: apple/string cheese
Snack: Walnuts/dates/almonds
Dinner: Same salad as last night.

I felt okay, I think its more mental than anything else. My workouts felt good and stong, I was not weak or tired. I stayed in target heart rate during the run and really focused on my form.

Slept better the last two nights than I have in a while.

No comments: