Saturday, August 11, 2012

Our next Foster

On Thursday, we took Lola and Farrah back to the Humane Society for SW Washington for a recheck.  Farrah got the all clear and Lola was still in good health, so we left them there to be put up for adoption.

I was sad to leave them because I didn't want them to be confused and think that we were abandoning them.  I think Farrah understood, but Lola is very emotional, so she will probably be worried.  Luckily, they will stay together and Farrah will be sure Lola is okay.

I was so happy that we were able to get them healthy and I just hope with all my heart and soul that someone will adopt them soon.  I hope that someone will be their final, forever home and that they will be loved until their very last breaths. I hope they have all the necessities and all the comforts that they deserve - laps to lay in, lots of pets and hugs and purrs.  I hope they have a great window to sit in and watch the world, a place to feel the sun on their fur. I know that I will probably not know how their lives turn out, but I know they now stand a chance because of us.  That feels good.

We left them there and came home with our next foster - Meow-ser.  He came to the shelter as a stray.  He has eye infections and a bit of an upper respiratory infection.  He was not happy when he got to our house. He spent the first two days in his kennel, then went and laid in the closet, behind the litter box.  I give him medicine every day and put an eye gel in his eyes 3 - 4 times a day.  He never fights it.  He lets me pet him, but you can tell he just doesn't feel good.

Yesterday, he started to come out to see us when we came in the room and even started to snuggle.  Today, he is all over us.  His eyes are clearing up, he has a pep in his step and even meowed a couple times after I left the room.  Right now, he is curled up next to me while I write this.  He is going to make someone a fabulous pet.

I love him already, I loved him the first second I laid eyes on him and even though he is not mine, I will love him forever.  
We will take Meow-ser back for a recheck next week and hopefully he is well and ready for adoption.  If you are local and you are interested in adopting him, please contact the Humane Society for SW Washington. No matter where you live, please do what you can - adopt, foster, donate, volunteer, spay and neuter your pets and chose to rescue, not buy or breed.   Please.  Then need us.  All of us.

No comments: