Monday, July 16, 2012

12 years

July 15th, 2000 was my first date with Trevor.  Trevor's dad had set us up on a blind date.  We double dates with Trevor's mom and dad, to a car show.  I don't think any of us expected much out of the date, it was just something to do.  12 years later, we are married and have built a pretty awesome life together.  Often times goodness comes into your life when you least expect it.  I feel so very fortunate to have been able to share my life with this amazing man for 12 years.  It hasn't always been easy, but it has always been worth it.  No matter what life throws our way, we deal with it together.  

We have a tradition of taking our picture every year on our anniversary. For many years, we went back to that car show where we had our first date and we always took a picture.  Its fun to see how we have changed...

2000 - The first date.  Me, Trevor, Sheila (Trevor's Mom)

 2001 - 1st anniversary. That's our niece, Taylor, who is now in high school.
 2002
 2003
 2004
 2005 - this was the year Trevor proposed to me - right after this picture was taken.
 2006 - this was from our honeymoon. Trevor was out of town for the car show this year.
 2007
 2008 - we finally stopped going to the car show!
 2009
 2010
 2011
 2012

I'm looking forward to lots more years and lots more pictures. I love you Trevor.  Thank you for loving me.

No comments: