Thursday, September 10, 2009

Why I love my husband

There are lots of reasons, big and small. I am so very fortunate that we found each other. The number one reason I love Trevor is because he makes me laugh. He makes me laugh at every day things. I don't think a day goes by that we don't laugh about something. I love nothing more than when he laughs really, really hard. Not just the "haha" chuckle, but the hard core, laugh your ass off kind of laugh. We had one of those last night. It was actually left over from the night before.

The night before, we were headed to bed and I was putting my cup in the dishwasher. You should know that I have a problem with the dishwasher. I don't stack items neatly here, I cram as many things as I can into it. I am sure that I only fit about half the amount of dishes in because it is so unorganized when I'm done. So, I was putting my cup in and there really wasn't room where I was trying to put it. That didn't seem to matter to me, I just keep pushing it down and pushing it down and it wasn't fitting. While I was doing this, I knew what I was doing made no sense and was futile, but I didn't stop. Trevor walked over and just looked at me. I said "I know", left my cup in its spot in the dishwasher and walked upstairs to bed...with the dishwasher still open and Trevor standing there. I could hear him reorganizing things, closing the dishwasher and starting it.

Then, last night, we were getting ready to go to bed. I was in the kitchen and Trevor came in, he opened the dishwasher and said, "Now let me see if I can remember how this goes", we both busted out laughing while he tried to reinact my dishwasher loading.

I love that. I love that he doesn't yell at me about it or get mad. I love that he doesn't even try to change it anymore. I love that instead of something small being a big deal, we can laugh about it. I always tell him that these are the things he'll site in the divorce "the way she loaded the dishwasher made me hate her". Until then, we'll laugh.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Sean is right...I am a saint!

Tracy said...

Trevor...you need to get your own blogger account if you are going to comment on my posts!

Tracy said...

I thought I had one...HiJacker! Trevor